• They are highly specialized pieces of technology – proper maintenance is essential
• Hearing instruments can become impacted with earwax, affecting their performance
• Cleanings will lengthen the lifespan of your instruments
• Prolonging their lifespan will give you an even greater return on your investment in better hearing
• You can fully engage in your world with properly cleaned hearing aids
Trust Your Ongoing Care to Professionals
Among other important hearing services, your certified audiology professional should understand the importance of regularly cleaning and calibrating your hearing instruments about two times a year. The process includes removing earwax with a vacuum, cleaning the battery contacts, sonic cleaning the ear molds (which uses sound waves to remove debris and buildup), checking the tubing and electronics, and running the devices through a dehumidifier.
Other Options to Consider to Maintain Your Hearing Aids
To maintain the cleanliness and effectiveness of your instruments between these cleanings by your provider, consider investing in a dehumidifier for your instruments.